Warehouse Worker Cover Letter
Warehouse Workers are in charge for processing and loading orders with the purposes of increasing profitability and ensuring customer satisfaction. These employees need to be familiar with modern warehousing methods and to operate forklifts safely and efficiently. Activities that Warehouse Workers perform include: preparing orders, receiving goods, controlling inventories, adhering to safety practices, observing discrepancies, completing deliveries, and maintaining a clean and organized working environment.
A Warehouse Worker should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Warehousing operations knowledge
- Reporting and data entry skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Reliability and integrity
- Inventory control
- Organization and time management
- Teamwork and interpersonal abilities
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- Inventory software proficiency
Relevant Warehouse Worker skills are described in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Warehouse Worker Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. McKee:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Warehouse Worker position you have available. As a skilled, self-directed, and reliable professional with experience performing a range of general warehouse operations while ensuring compliance to regulations and guidelines, I possess the knowledge and experience to allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My background includes successfully receiving shipments, unloading goods, verifying invoices, and stocking items while working collaboratively with peers and management to maximize productivity and efficiency. Through my experience, I have become highly skilled at adhering to warehouse goals and requirements while facilitating streamlined operations.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Loading and unloading freight safely and efficiently by using various heavy machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment.
- Evaluating inbound and outgoing product shipments to ensure quality control and accuracy.
- Demonstrating superior interpersonal, organization, and time management abilities.
- Earning a reputation as an excellent team player and leader; regularly selected to train and mentor new hires.
My proven ability to optimize warehouse operations and team success, along with my solid skills in communication and problem solving, will contribute immensely to the success of Coleman Distribution. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Nicholas B. Westberry
Here's a cover letter sample that uses one of my favorite techniques: the "call and response." It's hard to miss, but I'll point it out anyway.
In the body of the letter, Ricardo (not his real name) has two groups of bullet point statements. The first is JOB REQUIREMENTS, which is the "call" from the employer. These statements were taken word-for-word from the job posting.
<< Matching Resume for Distribution/Warehouse Associate
<< Index of Sample Letters
The second group of statements is under the heading MY QUALIFICATIONS. That's Ricardo's "response" to the employer's call. Point by point he responds to each requirement with wording that is different from what the employer wrote. And then he added one more relevant qualification.
This call-and-response technique is a great way to pass the initial screening of the recruiter.
Cover Letter Example for a Distribution/Warehouse Associate
99 Pleasant Drive
Watertown, NY 12345
[email protected], 123.555.5555
February 2, 20xx
As I’ve detailed in my resume, the Distribution Associate 2 position you advertised on your company website appears tailor-made for my abilities and background:
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner.
- Ability to perform all required tasks within the scope of Distribution 2 to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes, and Quality guidelines.
- Highly dependable individual demonstrating key values including teamwork, integrity, honesty, and accountability.
- Received annual Safety Award for accident-free driving in performance of all required tasks and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Quality guidelines.
- Consistently rated as “exceeding production expectations” on monthly performance evaluations starting in 2007 to the present in a top Fortune 500 company.
- A flexible and approachable team player who works effectively with everyone from CEO to shipping/receiving staff.
- Focused worker who always sees projects through to completion.
I enclose my resume for your consideration, and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in person to further discuss your needs and my abilities. I can be contacted at any time by phone, (123) 555-5555, or by email, [email protected]
Enclosure: Resume for Distribution Associate 2